Worst Router I ever had, slowest wifi and super unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 05:00:18
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I gave it a chance I came from an Asus AX6000 that I loved and had no issues with, my dad needed a router so I saw buying this AX11000 as an upgrade. Bought it from Costco and since day 1 have problems every single time.

I even enabled smart connect, have reset the router multiple times to see if it would work. But sadly most of the times I have to disable Wifi on my phones and tablets in order to download something or watch a video.

I have a 1000/1000 connection from Frontier. With the Asus router I would get 980/950 wired and constant 800/800 wireless on the devices that supported it.

With this router I get 600/550 wired and 30/40 on wireless on a good day.the TVs constantly stop the videos or the resolution goes down so bad that it makes 360p look good.

I am not sure what else to do to fix this but I don't even want to resell this because I don't want other people to suffer from this.

If anybody has had similar issues and found a solution please send it over

Options
2 Reply
Re:Worst Router I ever had, slowest wifi and super unstable
2022-05-27 01:21:58

Hello @ZeroHart 

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing a speed issue with the newly purchased AX11000. Can I confirm if you enabled any advanced features on it, such as QoS or Parental Control? I would suggest you check all the advanced settings on the router and try to disable them, or you may simply reset the router to factory defaults to exclude all possible settings that may limit the speed to confirm if the speed is normal.

Meanwhile, we would like to follow up with you directly via email in order to diagnose your home network environment. Please check your email box and respond.

Options
Re:Worst Router I ever had, slowest wifi and super unstable
2022-05-27 01:58:44

@Kevin_Z Yes I havem I have had this for a year, I have tried contacting support and did the things I was told with no avail. I have reset to factory settings. I have tried Smart Connect, not using smart connect, I have even tried removing smart devices form the house and let them use a different network form another ISP with another SSID. I am simply giving up and buying an Asus AX11000 and using this one as a switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 2

Related Articles