unused TP-link wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 11:20:46

Hi

I have a TP-Link Wi-Fi router that is sitting in my room unused. Most of us have some old unused Wi-Fi routers lying around.

I'm not an expert in networking, but I know that these devices can send and receive radio-signals in the gigahertz range. I was thinking, if we can find any alternate uses for these unused devices?

Can we set up a private mesh-network? Where we setup two routers in the 300 meter range and use them to send information through them?

Or can we use them as broadcasting devices for a ham-radio like setup?

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:unused TP-link wifi router
2022-05-26 11:57:46 - last edited 2022-06-01 10:26:18

@JDSharphonsonir 

What you can do for sure is to use that spare router AP mode to extend the wireless coverage in your premises.

Depending on the router model you can do the same, but wirelessly using the WDS feature/RE mode (if implemented).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 1

Related Articles