Previously unused TL-WR802N can't be configured

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 21:17:05
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ?

I bought a TL-WR802N a few years ago and it was waiting in a drawer for the right moment when I needed to extend Internet into my garage for my wifi enabled electric vehicle charger.  I was not able to connect to the device using Tether or by using its DHCP-assigned address in a browser.  Both methods work with an RE205 which I have on the same router network.  Using a network monitor, I can see that upon powerup the device sends DHCP requests, gets an address, and responds properly to ARP requests, however it does not respond to a SYN request to establish a TCP connection.  It seems to me that the the unit must be in acceptable physical and firmware condition to get as far as it does but why can't I establish a TCP connection?

I hard reset a number of times with the same result.  The unit also does not respond to pings.  Other threads have suggested that the unit should be reachable through the static address192.168.0.1 after a hard reset but I don't find that to be true since it always starts executing the DHCP protocol after a hard reset.  For my network, it is always getting dynamic 192.168.1.7.

I know I should have tested the device when I first bought it but now I'm a bit obsessed with getting it to work because its size and low power are perfect for what I need.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Previously unused TL-WR802N can't be configured
2022-09-27 22:10:35

@leftwing 

It seems that you wish to use the range extender mode of TL-WR802N.

In this case follow this guide to configure the TL-WR802N.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 1