Got a new Deco, don't like it but won't throw it away. Need help with workaround.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Got a new Deco, don't like it but won't throw it away. Need help with workaround.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-31 10:51:35 - last edited 2022-05-31 23:16:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

My old router (Archer C60) got bricked from a failed firmware update. In replacement my father had purchased a Deco M4, intrigued by its unconventional shape for a router.

But I've found the Deco to be largely inconvenient for my uses, the firmware is practically non existent and it's annoying that it needs an app to be controlled. Yet I don't want to discard the 55$ he spent on this. I am planning to get a new, cheaper router and wire Deco as an access point. The thing is I don't have an ethernet cable long enough to connect it across multiple rooms. Could I get another Deco, but a smaller and cheaper one, and then use THAT to wirelessly connect to my main Deco?

Here's a diagram that shows what I mean.

Is this workaround possible? Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Got a new Deco, don't like it but won't throw it away. Need help with workaround.-Solution
2022-05-31 12:41:51 - last edited 2022-05-31 23:16:11

@apexstrada 

This configuration should be possible according to the Deco in AP mode FAQ - wireless backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Got a new Deco, don't like it but won't throw it away. Need help with workaround.-Solution
2022-05-31 12:41:51 - last edited 2022-05-31 23:16:11

@apexstrada 

This configuration should be possible according to the Deco in AP mode FAQ - wireless backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Got a new Deco, don't like it but won't throw it away. Need help with workaround.
2022-05-31 23:16:44

@terziyski 

Thank you. I'll be looking forward to this workaround when I can.

Options