Feature Request - Disable wifi of just one unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-02 05:20:50
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

For technical reasons (house infrastructure) the fiber modem is located at the baby's room.
And quite close the her bed.
One deco must be conected to the modem. but i want to turn the wifi off - and not cover the room with WiFi.
the rest of the deco's have wired backhaul - and i want their wifi to work.

just not the one connected to the fiber modem.

thanks,

Arik

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature Request - Disable wifi of just one unit
2022-06-04 18:17:43

@Caspi 

I would like this feature as well. I would like to disable WiFi from the deco I use as the router. Can this feature please be added?

Options
Re:Feature Request - Disable wifi of just one unit
2022-06-04 20:02:49

@Caspi 

Caspi wrote

For technical reasons (house infrastructure) the fiber modem is located at the baby's room.
And quite close the her bed.
One deco must be conected to the modem. but i want to turn the wifi off - and not cover the room with WiFi.
the rest of the deco's have wired backhaul - and i want their wifi to work.

just not the one connected to the fiber modem.

thanks,

Arik

If you can't wait for that feature to appear, here is workaround. Buy router with all content filtering features you use in Deco, connect it to fiber modem and turn router's WiFi off. Configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. Remove Deco from the baby's room. Wire all Deco to router.

If you are not using Deco content filtering and antivirus features, any inexpensive router can do. You only need it to distribute IP addresses to your home network.

If your fiber modem is in fact modem/router combination (i.e., gateway), you don't need to buy another router - just switch Deco in AP mode and you can remove Deco from baby's room.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 2

Related Articles