Home Wi -Fi poor signal in upper floors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-04 08:15:53

I have BT Router downstairs in the kitchen that provides a good signal, but on the first floor through a couple of brick walls the signal is poor or non- existent.

I want a WAP and have the cat 5 e cable installed already.

I do  not know which which WAP model to choose.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Home Wi -Fi poor signal in upper floors
2022-06-04 10:01:02 - last edited 2022-06-05 10:46:28

@Mitzi3 

You could use any wireless router which has an AP mode (Case 1) for that purpose.

Depending on your wireless client devices you could choose:

1. AC series wireless router if they are only Wi-Fi 5 capable - here's a list - Archer C64 has a good price/performance ratio.

2. AX series wireless router if you have Wi-Fi 6 capable or you plan to have them in the future - here's a list - Archer AX23 has a good price/performance ratio.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Home Wi -Fi poor signal in upper floors
2022-06-04 22:15:18

@Mitzi3 

The BT Hub (up to hub 5 : current) are all AC wireless (wifi5) devices so you may want to stick with the same for the upstairs AP, however that isn't specifically required

If your on the FTTP package from BT and getting over 500mbps then you might want to consider a WiFi6 (AX) access point for the speed difference.

Personally, most people who I know on BT either go for..

1.  Deco M5 in Access Point Mode..  

OR

2.  EAP225 Access Point.

Generally find these to be the best for your scenario and most BT customers.  The Deco is handy as you can add more easily if needed and setup is quite easy also

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 2