Exceeded login attempts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Exceeded login attempts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Exceeded login attempts
Exceeded login attempts
2022-06-12 03:16:04

I've been running my Deco AX3000 X60 for a couple weeks now and have been very happy until tonight when the wifi dropped out for no apparent reason. I can still access my Deco via the Deco app on my Android phone (I do not need to login via my phone). Since the app is somewhat limited in what you can see, I thought I would try logging into my Deco via a web browser. The web browser does not ask for a username, only a password. I am very careful about recording new passwords in a password manager so I thought I was 100% positive what it should be.

Bottom line, I exceeded 10 login attempts and am now locked out from logging in via the web browser. I can still access my Deco via the app on my phone so I do not want to log out on my phone. I've spent a lot of time setting up the router and do not want to do a factory reset since it looks like the Deco app does not have a way to backup the router configuration (what year is this?).

So, my question is does the Deco reset the lockout after a period of time or am I going to be forced into doing a factory reset? Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Exceeded login attempts
2022-06-13 02:10:13

@WhyOhWhy 

Welcome to the community.

the login of the web interface used the same password as the APP login.

Could you please test whether you could use the email and password to log into the TP-Link Cloud here:

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/

And the password reset of your TP-Link email ID will not reset the previous network configuration on the Deco.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1624

Replies: 1

Related Articles