TL-WPA4220 wifi not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-29 22:58:24
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest

ISP : plusnet, UK

I have 4 existing powerline LAN plugs and the all work fine - can’t recommend enough.
Just got a TL-WPA4220KIT. It works over LAN but the wifi doesn’t seem to work. All the lights are flashing as the should be - using the clone button.
Question: To clone the wifi signal, does the device have to be plugged in "sight" of the routers wifi or is it capable of generating the sign from the LAN connection only - beyond the reach of the wifi signal.
I live in a house with brick wall and cant get a wifi signal on the second floor.
Options
9 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 wifi not working
2013-08-01 21:51:30
The TL-WPA4220 can supply the WIFI by itself even though it can not see the signal from the main router. Maybe you can see a name says "TP-LINK XXX" around your range. This may be from TL-WPA4220. The CD may also give a help to set up its own name and wireless. Detailed information is here; http://www.tp-link.com/resources/document/TL-WPA4220(EU_V1_User_Guide_1.pdf
Options
2013-12-02 18:04:51

geebee wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest

ISP : plusnet, UK

Question: To clone the wifi signal, does the device have to be plugged in "sight" of the routers wifi or is it capable of generating the sign from the LAN connection only - beyond the reach of the wifi signal.
I live in a house with brick wall and cant get a wifi signal on the second floor.

TO your question, wifi clone must be used in "sight" of the routers wifi.
Another way to clone without "sight" of the routers' wifi is that set the wireless SSID & password manually on the wpa4220.

Can this solve your problme ?
Options
manual settings i need to change to clone my wifi manually?
2013-12-31 21:47:14

Detective Dee wrote

TO your question, wifi clone must be used in "sight" of the routers wifi.
Another way to clone without "sight" of the routers' wifi is that set the wireless SSID & password manually on the wpa4220.

Can this solve your problme ?

HELLO. what are the manual settings I need to change to clone my wifi??? my wireless router does not have a WPS button and i would like to know what are
the settings i need to change. i have been reading the manual to no help as it only states that i can do it manually but does not give any more information as to
what settings i need to change. thank you very much for your help.
Options
Same situation - no WPS
2014-01-06 10:02:11

AgustinX wrote

HELLO. what are the manual settings I need to change to clone my wifi??? my wireless router does not have a WPS button and i would like to know what are
the settings i need to change. i have been reading the manual to no help as it only states that i can do it manually but does not give any more information as to
what settings i need to change. thank you very much for your help.

Hi All, I am also in the same situation, no WPS on my wifi router, do i just set the TL-WPA4220's SSID and password to be the same as my router, and that will allow my wifi's coverage extended to the TL-WPA4220 unit? all helps are welcome! thanks in advance.
Options
2014-01-13 10:21:53

edwinhww wrote

Hi All, I am also in the same situation, no WPS on my wifi router, do i just set the TL-WPA4220's SSID and password to be the same as my router, and that will allow my wifi's coverage extended to the TL-WPA4220 unit? all helps are welcome! thanks in advance.

hello I am still waiting for instructions if anyone can help...i guess some of the users might have been busy over the holidays...i will try SETTING THE SSID AND PASSWORD TO BE THE SAME IN BOTH ROUTERS soon if there are no replies and will update this post to tell if it worked. Any help will be really welcome. thanks
Options
2014-01-14 14:29:46
Hi all . just refer to http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398 to get the knowledge of how to login the WPA web utility. It's all the same between WPA271/281 WPA4220/2220.

And then , set the SSID & password, and Encryption Type the same as your Router. That's all. WPA4220 do not need to be in the sight of your router. I communicate with router via powerline,

Anything not clear?
Options
many thanks!!!! excellent advise!!!
2014-02-04 21:13:45
many thanks for the help!!!! all working fine now!!!!! gracias!!!!
Options
2014-02-27 23:03:52
does it mean cloning has been done? just changing the SSID and password and
encryption?
Options
TL 4220 not functioning
2014-05-09 16:16:07
Today I bring it back to the shop.
People from my provider told me it is a gambling withe electricity network
Options