Home network configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 14:05:00 - last edited 2022-06-21 06:44:15
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

I need some help from the community. My home is a two-story family house built in a U-shape. I have an Archer C7 connected to the ISP modem located on the ground floor  - they are both at the end of the house in one leg of the U-shape. Connected to that I use two RE300 range extenders to extend the wifi to the other leg of the U at the opposite end of the house (not effective). I have an ethernet cable running to the top floor, connected to Archer A6  that provides both cable and wireless connections - there I also use RE300 range extenders to provide wifi coverage for the top floor. Supposedly the A6 and RE300s are part of a mesh network. I use the same SSID and password across the network to help with seamless connection anywhere in the house.

Problem is that wifi is inconsistent on the top floor and on the ground floor at the end of the house away from the main incoming access point. 

Any suggestions on a better configuration and combination of routers / extenders to provide better coverage over the entire house (bottom floor and top floor, both side of the U-shaped building)???

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Home network configuration-Solution
2022-06-13 18:40:56 - last edited 2022-06-21 06:44:15

@JdeJ 

If you want to have a mesh network, probably a better choice in your case would be a Deco system pack.

Here's the difference with OneMesh. In your case (with an existing router) you could set a Deco in AP mode to avoid  the double NAT in your network.

You can consider also using an wired and wireless backhauls together - here some examples.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Home network configuration-Solution
2022-06-13 18:40:56 - last edited 2022-06-21 06:44:15

@JdeJ 

If you want to have a mesh network, probably a better choice in your case would be a Deco system pack.

Here's the difference with OneMesh. In your case (with an existing router) you could set a Deco in AP mode to avoid  the double NAT in your network.

You can consider also using an wired and wireless backhauls together - here some examples.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Home network configuration
2022-06-16 10:39:52

@terziyski Thanks a million, very useful :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 2

Related Articles