Parental Control can’t be used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-14 15:57:04
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160415 Rel.41199n

i've added a device in child list for parental control. this device is my computer. i've only approved a website called "aapathshala" for my study but i can't access to that website from my computer. please help for my problem thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Control can’t be used
2022-06-14 19:19:34

@rakinr09 

The other way to restrict websites is to use the Access Control feature on the WR-840N - here's a guide for that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-06-14 20:13:57

@terziyski i've done the process what the guide told me to do and it worked. i've blocked youtube and facebook and i've tested it out that i can't use. problem is the website "aapathshala" i visit to study has youtube videos and it's embedded. i can't access to these videos. can u please help for that?

Options
2022-06-14 20:20:57 - last edited 2022-06-15 07:04:33

@rakinr09 

If you have blocked Youtube then probably that's the reason you can't access these videos.

Even if embedded into another website, they're probably streamed from Youtube.

Make an experiment and unblock Youtube, then test if these videos are available for watching.

If they are available for watching then you should keep Youtube unblocked to continue with your study.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-06-15 02:56:43

@terziyski well i did and it works like a charm but i want youtube to be blocked as it distracts me from my study! any solution for that?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 4

Related Articles