Dynamic DNS with DynDNS Not launching

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-15 06:02:39 - last edited 2022-08-19 08:11:16
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(5553)

With the last firmware update the problem is:

Dynamic DNS with DynDNS : Not launching

That problem appears after the last update. I tried other models of routers with the same modem and same ISP service and works OK. I have another router, same model with a previous version and it seems to work OK.

Routers Hardware version:

Archer C7 v5.0

FIRMWARE of the 2 Routers I have with the DynDNS Problem:

1.2.0 Build 20211210 rel.51212(5553)

FIRMWARE of the Router that works OK:

1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.37999(5553)

Can anyone send me the file to downgrade the firmware? Or solve the problem with other update?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Dynamic DNS with DynDNS Not launching
2022-06-15 19:39:08

@LuisRicardo 

You can open the C7 support webpage, download an older FW release and downgrade it.

Here's (Case 1) a guide on how to downgrade FW to a previous release manually.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-06-16 03:32:36

@terziyski 

I Tried to downgrade but the router says incorrect file format or something like that.

The web says for one update file:

Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed the bug that enabling USB Sharing authentication may cause to be unable to access files within USB.

Note: You will be unable to downgrade to the previous firmware version after updating this firmware.

So I down´t know if it's possible. Or which version should I use.

Other question:

Downgrading, do you think all the configurations and parameters changed should work? The backup configuration files, works with any router firmware?

What do you think?

Thanks

Luis

Options
2022-06-16 03:50:51

LuisRicardo wrote

@terziyski 

Note: You will be unable to downgrade to the previous firmware version after updating this firmware.

Other question:

Downgrading, do you think all the configurations and parameters changed should work? The backup configuration files, works with any router firmware?

What do you think?

@LuisRicardo 

You have to unzip the downloaded file - the FW file you should use is with a '.bin' extension.

The Note in FW release notes means that you can't downgrade to an earlier FW release than that one.

Configuration backup may work or may not - it depends on if a new features are implemented in later FW releases.

You could take some side notes on the current router configuration before downgrading, in case the configuration backup/restore doesn't work.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 3

Related Articles