Replacement for TP-Link TL-PA101

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 12:18:39

Hi!

I set up a TL-PA101 many many years ago to link our BT hub to the Youview box which is on the other side of the room and we didn't want a cable across the room.

I have no memory of what I did all those years ago, lol, just that it's worked till yesterday when we tried to access iPlayer etc and had a message saying the YouView box had lost connection to the broadband.  Did the usual things like restarting the YouView Box and the hub but to no avail.

On further investigation (pulling the TV table forwards!) I saw the Powerline light on the TP-Link AV500 (Model TL-PA451 (UK) Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through , which has an ethernet cable between it and the Youview Box, was off. 

I then checked the TP Link TL-PA101 that we have linked to the BT hub via an ethernet cable and that was off too.

We also have another TP-Link AV500 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through for the phone which has an ethernet cable from the adaptor to the BT hub and the Powerline light was off on that too.

I have spent a couple of hours looking online to sort this out but have failed miserably and have decided we should probably replace the TL-PA101 anyway.

So I'm now looking at new TP-Link products but can't work out what I should replace the TL-PA101 with, please?  Are the 2 AV500's that I've got till ok, or do I need to replace them too?

And also noticed there's are passwords on the back of the two AV500s but have no memory of doing anything with those, but that doesn't mean I didn't.

Apologies for being so useless at the techy stuff. I can follow set-up instructions but once I've done that I seem to completely forget it ever happened.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Replacement for TP-Link TL-PA101
2022-06-22 07:43:22 - last edited 2022-06-22 08:52:10

Hello   @Bemahan 

Thank you for sharing experience, current powerline models improved the way to pair and set up your powerline unit,   it is recommended to consider AV600  kit that couldwork as the replacement for your old TL-PA101. 

To extend wired network,you could take a look at TL-PA4010Kit

To extend Wi-Fi network, TL-WPA4220 kit comes with a Wi-Fi powerline unit that  could extend both wired and Wi-Fi connection. 

Here is an FAQ to help you select suitable powerline devices: How to choose a TP-Link Powerline product

Hope this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 1

Related Articles