Deco M9 Plus 1 out of 3 Decos is not updating FW

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-24 12:02:56
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

Hi,

I have 3 Deco M9 Plus V2 (Europe). I have the issue that one of them is not updating it's firmware.

I used the update tool (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-m9-plus/v2/#Utility) and the update worked on two of the decos (to Deco_M9Plus_V2_1.5.3_210309) but not on the third. one. I tried it multiple times. Even promoted the deco as main device physically installing it on the same place and with the same connections as the original main had but no luck. My PC is directly connected via ethernet to the device too. I also disconnected the other two devices from power. the deco is rebooting but afterwards it still has the same old FW.

I'm don't know what else to try. any idea?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus 1 out of 3 Decos is not updating FW
2022-06-24 13:33:15

@MrGereo 

Have you tried making that problematic Deco your Main Deco and removing two other Decos from your mesh? Not just powering them off, but removing completely, so that your Deco mesh consists of one Main Deco only. 

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus 1 out of 3 Decos is not updating FW
2022-06-29 18:03:57

@MrGereo you can browse and login to your deco m9 plus directly. After logging in it gives you the oppertunity to upload a new fw file to that specific deco m9 plus.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 2

Related Articles