How to turn MR600 into a 4G modem only mode (without router function)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 17:06:02
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've been looking up on how to turn the MR600 into a 4G modem without the router feature.

Why has this not been made available? I wish to use it with another router but it doesn't look like it possible.

Can TP-Link work on this? It's not fair for consumers to get bare-minumum features and support.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to turn MR600 into a 4G modem only mode (without router function)
2022-06-28 01:25:11

@arktiknova 

Hi, currently, our MR600 doesn't support bridge modem mode, however, it is still possible if you would like to connect a second router to MR600 via ethernet cable, just make sure the LAN address of MR600 and your second router is in different subnets.

Options
2022-06-28 03:01:53

@Sunshine I actually wanted to use it without the router function. I have another router that I want to make as the main one, and the MR600 as the modem. There are very very few options of 4G+ (SIM card) modems in the market, thus my reliance on it.

Do you have any timeframe, or roadmap on the features that are coming for MR600? I hope TP-Link considers this for introduction.

Options
2022-06-30 02:38:37

@arktiknova 

Hi, currently, we don't see plan to add bridge modem mode on our 4G Routers, but I will record your suggestion and report to related engineer for evaluation.

In addition, as I mentioned before, even though the MR600 still works as modem and router, you could still be able to connect another router to it, the only difference is that there will be two NATs in the network, but if you connect all client devices to the second router, those client devices are still with the same LAN network, if you need to do any port forwarding, you could also configure it on both routers(if the 4G WAN IP assigned by the ISP is private IP address, port forwarding etc. will not work no matter it is on bridge mode or modem router mode).

Options
2022-07-23 08:21:16

@Sunshine 

I'm actually looking at pairing my MR600 (as a modem) with the Synology router, or with the TP-Link Omada products to unlock more controls to explore.

Been quite puzzled since I'm reliant on the MR600 (due to the limited access to proper land-based fibre network in my area).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 745

Replies: 4