TP-LINK Archer C64 wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 04:02:52
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0

I really don't know what happened but lately I noticed a decrease in internet speed via Wifi. This was confirmed when I did a simultaneous speedtest via LAN and Wifi. I am getting over 100Mbps via LAN on my iMac but only 50Mbps on my iPad. 

Both my iMac and the Archer64 is connected to my ER605 Multi-WAN VPN Rourter where the Archer C64 is configured as an access point. Previously I have constantly been getting over 100Mbps via Wifi but of the past few days it seems my devices on Wifi are maxing at 50-ish Mbps. 

I have restored my Archer C64 twice and have rebooted the internet modem and the ER605 countless of times in these past few days.

Any other suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer C64 wifi speed
2022-07-01 11:14:01 - last edited 2022-07-02 11:47:49

@KeslerGo 

Have you lately upgraded your C64 FW ?

I am using C64 in AP mode, but with FW v1.5.8 and I don't observe similar issues. The difference between these FW releases is the implementation of the OneMesh feature.

Other than that you could check for a strong wireless interference around you, which could be the culprit for this bandwidth degradation.

Use apps like inSSIDer or Wi-Fi Analyzer to check that.

If you happen to detect a wireless channel congestion, select least crowded wireless channel and test again to see if that will make a difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-01 12:07:56

@terziyski 

thanks, I'm currently on 

Firmware Version:

1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Not exactly sure if that's the latest firmware.

I'm just a few feet away from the router and there's clear line of sight so I'm really surprised the big difference in speed.

Options
2022-07-01 12:21:33 - last edited 2022-07-12 03:16:41

@KeslerGo 

There's a new official FW (v1.11.0) for Archer C64 - here. You can do the test I suggested to exclude any wireless interference issues.

The other thing you could do is to disable 'Smart Connect' feature if you're using it and test both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands speed separately.

I am using these wireless settings:

You could also change the wireless channel (for both bands) according to your findings with the apps mentioned earlier and select the least crowded.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 3

Related Articles