Deco M9 plus ethernet connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-03 17:53:00
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Ethernet port extension
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I have recently bought the Deco M9 plus system due to my Virgin WiFi dropping out in hope to stabilize the connection. I have set the system up however it has been set up in router mode as opposed to access point mode (from my understanding access point mode is better?). This is due to the virgin superhub 3.0 having 4 ethernet connections plugged into it (including the Deco M9) and a phone landline connection (making it 5 connections into the back of the hub). Is there such a thing that will be able to seamlessly extend the ethernets in the Deco M9 and allow for a landline connection allowing me to put the Hub 3.0 in modem mode? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus ethernet connections
2022-07-03 23:23:18 - last edited 2022-07-03 23:25:08

@Parry22 

For your home network, it would make sense to keep Virgin SuperHub 3.0 as is. Instead, configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode.

With Deco mesh in Access Point mode, you can seamlessly use all Ethernet ports from Hub 3 and Deco nodes, and your phone landline connection through Hub 3 will still work.

Also, I would recommend turning off WiFi in Virgin SuperHub 3.0. Your Deco is now providing WiFi coverage.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Tags

Access Point Mode
Ethernet port extension
Related Articles