Archer MR600, SIM Jazztel (Spain)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 10:17:30 - last edited 2022-07-12 06:17:05
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Hi there,

I have purchased a TP-Link Archer MR600 for using it as the main (and only) router in a country house, using a Jazztel SIM card (from Spain). I'm not able to set the router up correctly, I can't connect to the Internet. I set a new profile with manual parameters (APN, username, password...) but the router doesn't allow me to set MCC and MNC. My ISP tells me that I have to set these values, can this be the cause of the problem and is there a solution? I have updated ISP file, firmware and reset the router to factory defaults, but nothing works. Can anybody help me?

Regards

Hola,

He comprado un TP-Link Archer MR600 para usarlo como router en una casa de campo, conectado a través de una SIM de Jazztel. No consigo configurar el router, no conecta a Internet. He creado un nuevo perfil poniendo los parámetro manuales (APN, usuario, contraseña), pero no me deja configurar MCC y MNC como Jazztel indica. ¿PUedes ser ésta la causa del problema? ¿Tiene solución? He actualizado el archivo de ISP, el firmware, he reseteado a estado de fábrica... Nada funciona. ¿Alguien me puede ayudar?

Gracias.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR600, SIM Jazztel (Spain)-Solution
2022-07-12 01:59:15 - last edited 2022-07-12 06:17:05

@Jorge-ENR 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

Based on the phone screenshot, it works on band 3, which is also supported by MR600, but when the SIM is inserted into MR600, there is no service and signal at all.

Please confirm if the two external LTE antennas are installed properly, if so, please change Network Search from Auto to Manual, then search if there is any available network.

If possible, please also try to test other SIM card from different provider on this MR600.

After that, if problem still exists, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with subject "Forum 568678" and provide the following information:

1. Screenshot of available networks after searching network manually

2. System log file saved on Advanced->System Tools->System Log page

3. Do you have a different SIM card from different provider? if so, is it working on this MR600?

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer MR600, SIM Jazztel (Spain)
2022-07-11 03:26:01

@Jorge-ENR 

Hi, could you please share with us screenshot of Advanced->Status page? we could check SIM card status, network type and signal strength etc..

Besides, there should be default APN profiles available if the SIM card and signal has been detected, so except for the profile you created manually, is there any other profile in the profile name list? 

In addition, if you test the same SIM card in another 4G router or smartphone, is the 4G signal strong and internet working? if so, please check the 4G band working on the smartphone as well so that we could check if it is supported by the MR600.

For android phone, you could install LTE Discovery App or LTE Cell Info: Network Status App etc. to check the network type and band.
For iPhone, please type *3001#12345#* into the area you normally use to input a phone number and press call. You will enter Field Test mode, and you should see the Freq Band Indicator or EARFCN or UARFCN number.

Options
2022-07-11 07:03:56

Hi  @Sunshine and thank you for your help,

Here you have the screenshot. No signal detected, I'm afraid.

There are two profiles (automatically created), but no one is for my ISP.

I've tested the SIM card in a Samsung Galaxy A32. Internet is working properly, the signal is not as good as I'd like, but good enough. I don't know if the band working in the smartphone is the desired one, so I attach a screenshot of my smartphone.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
Re:Archer MR600, SIM Jazztel (Spain)-Solution
2022-07-12 01:59:15 - last edited 2022-07-12 06:17:05

@Jorge-ENR 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

Based on the phone screenshot, it works on band 3, which is also supported by MR600, but when the SIM is inserted into MR600, there is no service and signal at all.

Please confirm if the two external LTE antennas are installed properly, if so, please change Network Search from Auto to Manual, then search if there is any available network.

If possible, please also try to test other SIM card from different provider on this MR600.

After that, if problem still exists, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with subject "Forum 568678" and provide the following information:

1. Screenshot of available networks after searching network manually

2. System log file saved on Advanced->System Tools->System Log page

3. Do you have a different SIM card from different provider? if so, is it working on this MR600?

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-12 06:16:59

Hi @Sunshine, and thank you very much for your help.

You are right, the problem was the antennas were not installed: I assumed the antennas worked only for the wifi system, and I was working with the computer next to the router, so I didn't install them. When I installed the antennas, the problem immediately solved.

Once again, thank you very much.

Options
2022-07-13 10:44:01

@Jorge-ENR 

Hi, this is noted, glad to hear that it works now.

By the way, the two external antennas are LTE antennas instead of WiFi, WiFi antennas are inside the MR600, therefore, we need to install the external antennas properly to receive 4G signal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 5

Related Articles