Frustrating Powerline Adapter Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 17:57:00
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Powerline adapters have been set up for years and have worked perfectly until this morning. On each adapter all 3 lights are green. The ethernet led is blinking away happily as usual showing that data is being transferred. However there is no internet connection at any of the 4 adapters spread around the house. I have rebooted everything several times. I have also reset each adapter and re-paired it with the one next to the router. I have changed the ethernet cable and tried other power outlets but nothing works. I'm at my wit's end! Any help would be appreciated. I should also mention there was a lightning storm last night. Power never went out and all the devices seem to be in working order,  apart from no Internet of course. Wifi is working fine.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Frustrating Powerline Adapter Problem
2022-07-11 14:17:38

@amarok1981 Can you access your local devices through the powerline network, for example access the router from your PC or somesuch? "No LAN" is a very different problem from "no Internet".

Having said that, the most common fault after a thunderstorm is the Internet router's WAN interface being zapped. This is your "outside" connection (DSL, cable, whatever), most exposed and also most vulnerable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 1

Related Articles