AX73 (AX5400) Router not having the option to have Multi-SSID's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 19:08:09 - last edited 2022-07-11 09:19:30
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel.74632(5553)

Hi,
I was using Huawei ONT router/modem as my main router, but due to poor signal strength I ended up buying TP-Link AX-73 to use as the main router.

The TP-Link AX-73 does not seem to support Multiple SSID's, There is only the option to have one Guest network and another default network.

Although poor research on my behalf before making the purchase, but I would like to know if it is something that might be supported in a future firmware update.

I expected that a Mid-High range router will include such a feature by default but that is not the cause. Kind of disappointed about it as the Huawei ONT does and the latest generation router doesn't sad .

Many thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX73 (AX5400) Router not having the option to have Multi-SSID's
2022-07-11 09:24:20

Hello @farhan-tariq 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

Archer AX73 does support Multiple SSIDs, 1 for the 5GHz band and 1 for the 2.4GHz band. You can further simplify the network to a single SSID using the Smart Connect feature, but with this disabled, you will have 2 separate SSIDs on the 2 bands available.  4 actually if you decide to use the guest network. The main and guest networks are on the same LAN and pull from the same DHCP pool but can be separated by these options:

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2598

Replies: 1

Related Articles