Address Reservations Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-13 18:47:36 - last edited 2022-07-27 15:54:31
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Router is not handing out the correct IP addresses as setup in the Address Reservation.  When the computer shows up in the DHCP Client List I just click the save button so remote users can connect to their PC's with a known IP.  However the DHCP server seems to reandomly hand out different IP's to "perminant leas time" computers?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Address Reservations Not Working-Solution
2022-07-27 08:24:42 - last edited 2022-07-27 15:54:31

Dear @Aveamantium, @Fleegle61, @Nixpix,

Aveamantium wrote

Router is not handing out the correct IP addresses as setup in the Address Reservation.  When the computer shows up in the DHCP Client List I just click the save button so remote users can connect to their PC's with a known IP.  However the DHCP server seems to reandomly hand out different IP's to "perminant leas time" computers?

Sorry for any trouble caused. After further troubleshooting and investigation, the R&D team has finally addressed the issue.

The following solution post will provide the Beta firmware gradually to fix the issue (the beta firmware for ER605 v1 has been provided), welcome to subscribe!

Solution  ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect

Thank you all for your huge support and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Address Reservations Not Working
2022-07-14 01:06:25

Dear @Aveamantium,

Aveamantium wrote

Is your ER7206 running in Standalone mode? Are your computers using random MAC addresses?

If handy, you may try using Wireshark to trace the DHCP packets and see if there is anything unusual.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-14 03:43:23

Hi @Fae ,

Yes, the ER7206 is running in standalone mode and no, the computers are not using random MAC addresses.  In fact, in the DHCP Client List, the computers assigned with Address Reservations show up with a "Permanent" lease time so the router is recognizing the MAC addresses as ones that are supposed to have a static IPs.  However, it seems that the router occasionally assigns a different IP than what is established in the Address Reservations.  I checked to see if there is conflicting IP's as the ones established in the Address Reservations since they are in the same range as handed out by the DHCP server (was thinking that this was the issue?).  I just figured that the DHCP server would know not to hand out the IPs identified in the Address Reservations tab?

Thanks!

Options
2022-07-14 06:12:03

@Aveamantium 

How exactly did you set up the address reservation and can you provide a few screenshots showing the problem where this setting did not take effect?
Also, can you reproduce this problem stably? What is the exact frequency of occurrence?

Is the computer you set up address reservation for wired or wirelessly connected?
It would be helpful if you could provide a map of your network topology.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-07-14 15:25:46

@Virgo 

Address reservations were set by first allowing a computer to obtain an IP from the DHCP server and then hitting the save button.  I don't currently have any screenshots as I've moved everone back to DHCP for the time being.  This didn't seem to happen often as computers assigned with static ips would have lease times in the weeks (unless they rebooted their computer).  And no, unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this problem with regularity...

Options
2022-07-15 13:37:32

@Aveamantium I have the same issue in integrated mode as well.  I have the reservation set in the settings/services section under DHCP reservation and when I power off my printer for a day or so, when it powers up, it gets a new address regardless of what I put in the reservation.  So maybe TP-Link is not reading the MAC address correctly when the device does its DORA for it to see that it has a reservation already in place.  

Options
2022-07-18 15:55:17 - last edited 2022-07-20 20:21:44

Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Dear Members,

Same problem for me. After updating to firmware 1.2.1, some clients no longer get the assigned IPs. 
After deleting and new creating again not...

With firmware ER7206(UN)_V1_1.2.0 Build 20220117 everything worked perfectly! Clients (IP-Cams) are connected by cable. Nothing was changed in the configuration.
???

Thanks for reading along.

CD

Addendum: Hardware reset and complete reinstallation solves the problem. But it takes time..

Options
Re:Address Reservations Not Working-Solution
2022-07-27 08:24:42 - last edited 2022-07-27 15:54:31

Dear @Aveamantium, @Fleegle61, @Nixpix,

Aveamantium wrote

Sorry for any trouble caused. After further troubleshooting and investigation, the R&D team has finally addressed the issue.

The following solution post will provide the Beta firmware gradually to fix the issue (the beta firmware for ER605 v1 has been provided), welcome to subscribe!

Solution  ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect

Thank you all for your huge support and patience!

Recommended Solution
Options