TL-MR150 randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 18:38:52 - last edited 2022-07-18 00:55:51
Model: TL-MR150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200721 Rel.70866n

I've only started using this TL-MR150 this week : so 1 week of usage for the first time.

Daily I have periods of stability, but then it'll start to randomly reboot.

As an example:  tonight I was watching Netflix for 2-3 hours and it was all good, then suddenly it started randomly rebooting for about 30 minutes, and now it seems stable again (EDIT: nope, as soon as i posted this question it rebooted again and has done so 2 more times since in the last 10-15 minutes...)

Yes I've done a factory reset this evening, but it still randomly reboots itself.  The only config changes I make when going into tplinkmodem.net is:

- timezone

- wireless password

- given it my TP-Link ID

- (and of course the admin password:  it asks you for that when you first go into tplinkmodem.net for the first time after a factory reset)

Once this week it even did a factory reset.

The System Logs don't tell me anything.

The firmware on the TL-MR150 (tplinkmodem.net) page tells me it's the latest version.

What's triggering these random reboots?  It can even reboot during its own startup, or sometimes it can be up for 1-2 minutes and then reboot.  Tonight I experienced about 10 reboots all in the space of about 30 minutes.

Is it that this particular model is just not designed well enough to be reliable?

Or is there something else that I can try?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR150 randomly rebooting
2022-07-18 03:22:55

@Jonathan_Snyder 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

1. May I know if you are using 3G/4G router mode on this MR150 V2? If so, who is the carrier of your SIM card?

2. If you have any other SIM card from different carrier, please also test in MR150 to see if it still reboots automatically.

3. Is the voltage of power supply stable in the area? and are you using the original TP-Link power adapter? please try a different wall socket as well.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TL-MR150 randomly rebooting
2022-07-21 03:56:43

Unplug all Ethernet cables to the router and see if it stops. Plug one cable at a time, waiting a few minutes each time you add a cable, to see if the problem returns.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 2

Related Articles