Access Computer - connected to AR600 Router - via IP and VPN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 06:08:42
Tags: #MR600
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version:

Hello all, although i tried different ways and method i am not able to connect via VPN to the local machine, which is connected to the MR600 router.

On the laptop of the consulting company is a software running, which could connect to our machine via IP Address. The idea is now that the external company is connecting to the machine with the help of the 2nd network card (the first network card is connected to our network), which is connected to the MR600 router and that then the engineer is then able over VPN to access the machine...I tried the default subnet 192.168.1.0/24 and also tried another subnet, but i am not able to connect to the computer. I can accesss the configured VPN Subnet (10.8.0.1) , but also nat was not the right way or i am too silly to do it. Maybe there is somebody who has an advice how to get it run. The vpn is currently not PPTP. Is this maybe the missunderstanding. Thanks and Regards SteviB

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Computer - connected to AR600 Router - via IP and VPN connection
2022-07-22 08:34:51

@Stevib 

Hi, could you please provide a network topology including the VPN server and VPN client with IP address of each device?

Besides, the VPN server is on MR600, right? you mentioned that you are not using PPTP VPN, then are you using OpenVPN? if possibe, please share with us some screenshots of your VPN settings.

If you are able to connect the VPN server successfully but unable to access the remote devices of VPN server side, please also check if you are able to ping the LAN IP address of the VPN server and also the remote devices IP address.

Options