USB Printer Controller for MacOS BigSur v11.6.8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-21 06:57:35
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20220321 rel.13967(5553)

Hello,

When I switched from Archer C3150 (V2) to this AX90/AX6600 (V1 / V1.20) due to lightning strikes; this new AX90/AX6600 won't work for your USB Printer Controller Utility v1.22

Please note that I slot the printer USB to AX90 USB2.0 port. And my USB3.0 port of AX90 is used for USB file sharing.

Please help to provide a new USB Printer Controller Utility update for AX90/AX6600 for MacOS BigSur 11.6.8。

OR maybe a firmware update for AX90/AX6600 to make this USB Printer Controller accessible.

感恩感谢,Thank you.

Regards,

Hiew

Options
9 Reply
Re:USB Printer Controller for MacOS BigSur v11.6.8
2022-07-22 11:11:10

@caehiew 

Hello Hiew, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Archer AX90 doesn't support printer sharing with the firmware design, you may check the product specifications on the website:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax90/#specifications

You could check this FAQ to find the models that still support Printer Sharing (you can find the model in the 'This Article Applies to').

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-23 06:57:42

@Kevin_Z 

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for replying. Just joined the community even I have been TP-Link supporter almost 10yrs...as those other 3 old models of TP-Link issues/problems were easily solved with a search in your forum... 

By the way, I have tried to buy those models which support Printer Sharing, yet all of these models either out of stock or available as bad condition second hand (whereby, any trojan infection is unknown, i rather not buy a 2nd hand). Please do consider to update and make my AX90 model's firmware has the capability of Printer Sharing.

I have found one model which is not quite same like those model in your Printer Sharing supported model list : 

Archer C2300( V1 V2 ) , Archer C59( V2 V3 ) , Archer C1200( V2 V3 ) , Archer C5400( V2 ) , Archer C3200( V2 ) , Archer C3150 V2 , Archer C1900( V2 ) , Archer A2300( V1 ) , Archer C8( V3 V4 ) , Archer C3150( V2 ) , Archer C9( V4 V5 ) , Archer C7( V4 ) , Archer C5400X( V1 )

Is the following model's firmware supporting Printer Controller Sharing with a plug of USB2.0 or USB3.0??

Options
2022-07-23 18:33:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin and TP-Link... this archer C3150 and network Printer sharing issue has made me realised that your TP-Link router model is very very lack of support. Even my latest AX90 model don't have Printing support.

And by the way, throughout the years, since I bought C3150 in year 2015...@very expensive price; your firmware update for C3150 is very very limited when comparing to a model I have just read up (due to this network printing issue) by your competitor which launch in the same year (rt-ac68u), your C3150 I have just found out that you have End-of-Life with no more support, frankly, C3150 hardly having any support at all... not much firmware updates amidst having issue and then now suddenly EOL. Wheareas your competitor model still having firmware updates and they updates quite regularly by stretching the router hardware limits.... yet TP-link never do so... EVEN my latest AX90 don't have a Firmware that support USB printing and your answer to me is simply asking me to buy another old models that may be EOL soon...

I am very dissapointed with TP-Link after much research... now I knew... when one is fully supporting one brand, and that One brand will slaughter its avid supportive fans. After more than 10+ yrs,  I am now turning away from TP-link... and decided to buy an old model rt-ac68u...

Supportive fans isn't easy to get, 请不要杀熟。Please consider to make AX90 with firmware update to support network printing. Probably with LPD (line printer daemon) for MacOS without using your Printer Control utility. Thank you and hope to hear your good news.

Options
2022-07-25 02:38:10

@caehiew 

Sorry for letting you down with the removal of the printer sharing feature on the Archer AX90. With more new technology and advanced features implemented on the new routers, some of the old features like printer sharing have been removed. We understand this can be frustrating when you do need this feature, but we also need to point out that USB printer sharing is quite out of date and most printers nowadays support printing by connecting to the router with an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.

BTW, Archer C80 doesn't have a USB port, so it doesn't support USB sharing or printer sharing.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-25 09:58:13

@Kevin_Z 

I need help now. To have printer server capability and with two routers connected together, one for Ground Floor (downstairs C3150) and another for First Floor (upstairs C1200). Before my C3150 got burnt by lightning, the following was the successful setup and connection; whereby both C3150 & C1200 WiFi can access internet and printer can network shared and print :

# INTERNET # --> ZTE Modem provided by my ISP --> C3150 (as parent WiFi router) -->

1) Canon Printer (USB cable direct to USB2.0 port of C3150)

2) C1200 First Floor, use as Child WiFi router (CAT5e cable direct from Ground Floor C3150 to upstairs C1200)

Now, I have got myself a new AX90 and also a second hand C3150. I am taking away the very old C1200. I have tried to setup using AX90 as the Parent now and the C3150 as the Child replacing C1200. The new setup is as below:

# INTERNET # --> ZTE Modem provided by my ISP --> AX90 downstairs (as Parent WiFi router) --> C3150 First Floor upstairs as Child WiFi router ( connect with CAT5e cable direct from Ground Floor AX90 LAN2 port to this upstairs C3150 LAN2 port) --> Canon Printer (USB cable direct to USB2.0 port of C3150)

I faced problems. My AX90 working just fine with internet connection with WiFi access. Yet, unfortunately, both my C3150 internet and network printing failed, I have set C3150 "Operation mode as 'Access Point' instead of 'Router'. It works in the past with C3150 & C1200. But now with AX90 and C3150, it is giving me problem.

*Note: both AX90 and the second hand C3150 are latest firmware. Please don't tell me it's your AX90 firmware issue again not supporting C3150 as an Access Point.

Please help me to make this possible, maybe need special IP configurations??

Thank you.

Options
2022-07-25 15:07:17

@Kevin_Z 

Below is what I tried to achieve. Please help me to let me know which LAN port or WAN port I should connect for AX90 and C3150.

Also, please let me know how to set the IP addresses and also the configuration of both router to make them work as One (since C3150 without OneMesh) or if not one, at least C3150 can connect thru AX90 (downstairs) to the INTERNET via ZTE modem by my ISP. Even C3150 has its own Wireless SSIDs different from AX90.

Thank you. Please show me screen capture of each CONFIGURATION screen of both routers so that I can replicate the same success. Thanks

Options
2022-07-28 10:06:44

@caehiew 

Thank you very much for the detailed network layout.yes

I believe you have configured the Archer AX90 successfully, and I will give you some suggestions on the C3150. Please check if there is an Operation Mode or Working Mode on the C3150's web page, if yes, choose Access Point mode as described in Case 1; If no Operation Mode, change the C3150 to Access Point mode as Case 2.

Please check and ensure the IP address of the C3150 is within the IP subnet of the AX90.

Then run the USB Printer Controller to detect and find the printer, and confirm if you can print.

Options
2022-07-31 00:59:24

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your guide. I have setup C3150 as "Access Point". By the way, when C3150 is in this mode, it seems to give error when I do a online firmware update, it couldn't route to AX90 for internet, yet when I do a factory reset (where AX90 config is same and as it is, without alteration) on C3150 without setting C3150 mode, just reset to factory default, it works and can connect to internet with its default WIFI access after factory reset. It also works when I go to system config to do an online firmware update, prompted "I have latest firmware". Yet, when I try to go to 192.168.0.1 to config, it sometimes clashes with AX90. And when I config C3150 to other IP within the subnet, the wireless access failed to connect to internet, only after I set the mode of C3150 to "Access Point" then it's ok with internet, yet... within C3150 router config, the online update of system firmware failed to route to AX90 for internet to check for update. This could be a firmware coding lacking?

Meanwhile, what does the follow picture means when C3150 having these 3 LEDs light up and stay "ON" after power switch on? How to solve this? Please see attached pictures.

WIth best regards,

Hiew

Options
2022-08-02 07:22:44

@caehiew 

When the C3150 is working as an AP and using a static IP, it may fail to detect the new firmware online. If there is an option on its web interface page, you can try to change the DHCP to Auto or smart DHCP (Network > DHCP server), then confirm if it can detect the new firmware. BTW, C3150 has been EOL for long, there are no newer updates for it.

Regarding the LEDs, you can check the user guide to get more details:

https://static.tp-link.com/1910012072_Archer%20C3150(EU)(US)_V2_UG.pdf

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 9

Related Articles