RE505X - backhaul over LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 15:48:39
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Any chance/hope that the RE505X devices may get a firmware update, or does someone know of a way to create a MESH with them while using a LAN cable as backhaul? Assume they are not compatible with the Omada device(s) either?

I bought 4 of these devices and an AX20 router to setup a mesh in my house. I've always struggled with upstrairs and figured that these devices would be able to extend coverage upstairs, but was rather disappointed to learn that they only use the wifi bandwidth to communicate / create the mesh - so it made my upstairs wifi even worse than before.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE505X - backhaul over LAN
2022-07-23 20:00:45

@Piie 

OneMesh doesn't support an ethernet backhaul - OneMesh FAQ - Q5/A5.

OneMesh is not supported by Omada EAPs either.

If you want, you can use an ethernet cable to connect the RE505X to your AX20 (in AP mode), but then you won't have a mesh network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options