Best router for security cam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 10:47:24 - last edited 2022-07-27 22:54:06
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Thanks for advice re best router with sim card functionality to link to security cam ( blink)  system 
I don't really need it for much else as property is vacant . I need it to be connected and accessed remotely without having to re connect  , and set so no one else can interfere with it but easy enough for me to understand and set up  . 
TIA 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Best router for security cam -Solution
2022-07-27 05:38:32 - last edited 2022-07-27 22:54:06

@Pattie-UK 

Hi, may I know if your security camera is a cloud camera and only need internet access for remote access? 

If so, you could select 4G router as you need from the our website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/3g-4g-router/

Note: Since they uses 3G/4G internet, the LTE connection stability would be related to the SIM card carrier and base station nearby, so please confirm if the 4G signal in the area is strong and stable.

In addition, if your camera requires additional settings such as port forwarding for remote access, you will need to make sure the SIM card carrier could assign you a public IP address, or port forwarding will not work.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Best router for security cam -Solution
2022-07-27 05:38:32 - last edited 2022-07-27 22:54:06

@Pattie-UK 

Hi, may I know if your security camera is a cloud camera and only need internet access for remote access? 

If so, you could select 4G router as you need from the our website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/3g-4g-router/

Note: Since they uses 3G/4G internet, the LTE connection stability would be related to the SIM card carrier and base station nearby, so please confirm if the 4G signal in the area is strong and stable.

In addition, if your camera requires additional settings such as port forwarding for remote access, you will need to make sure the SIM card carrier could assign you a public IP address, or port forwarding will not work.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Best router for security cam
2022-07-27 22:49:22

@Sunshine Many thanks for such comprehensive advice - especially re the public fixed IP address recommendations- I would have been stumped there ! 

Also , can I assume re model numbers eg Archer 600 is better / newer than Acher 200 and will have  more functionality the higher the number ? ( ....not that I need it but the 600 is cheaper than 200 in some circumstances ) 

Options
Re:Best router for security cam
2022-07-28 02:28:02

@Pattie-UK 

Hi, MR600 supports up to LTE-Advanced CAT6 which is 4G+,while MR200 supports LTE CAT4 only, so the MR600 usually gets better speed if your SIM card carrier supports 4G+ in the area as well. 

Please note that each model has different hardware versions, the current available MR600 should be V2, and it is recommended to purchase new hardware version thus you could confirm with the seller if their MR600 stock is V1 or V2 before purchasing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 3