internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:internet disconnecting
2022-09-22 11:21:46

@straightup  @Pixel1 

Thank you both for following up on this thread and reporting an issue with the Archer C80 internet issue.

Can you please email us the system log of the Archer C80 for further analysis since we are not informed that there is any known issue with the current firmware? When emailing the system log, please be sure you do experience the disconnect issue and don't reboot the C80, otherwise, there will be not much information that we can analyze.

If you are willing to do so, please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

1. Who is your ISP? What is the WAN Connection Type?

2. How about the internet LED status when the internet drops? Will there still be a WAN IP address if you login to the C80's web management page?

3. How often does the issue happens? And how do you recover the connection?

Thank you very much~

Options
2022-09-23 06:48:16 - last edited 2022-09-23 06:48:51

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your quick reply Kevin, I appreciate it!

As suggested by you, I emailed the below details to your colleagues, so let's see what will happen and I will keep you posted.

Of course if you hear anything else, please let us know.

Thank you again for your suppot!

Options
2022-09-23 08:10:49

@straightup 

Thank you very much for the follow-up.

Please do let me know if the issue will get resolved with the help of our support engineers and update the solution they provided here if possible.

Options
2022-09-23 17:08:44

@zexy Just throwing in my name to say that I'm experiencing the exact same issues. Exact same problems, exact same symptoms. Even my systems log is saying the exact same things as the other people in this thread. Looks like a definite problem with the firmware which I hope will be addressed soon. Been a few weeks of constant disconnects with this router now, ever since the update. 

Options
2022-09-27 06:45:25

@Kenion 

Thank you very much for following up in this thread.

Before escalating your case to our support engineers for further investigation, can I also know some basic information as I asked for others?

Can you please email us the system log of the Archer C80 for further analysis since we are not informed that there is any known issue with the current firmware? When emailing the system log, please be sure you do experience the disconnect issue and don't reboot the C80, otherwise, there will be not much information that we can analyze.

If you are willing to do so, please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

1. Who is your ISP? What is the WAN Connection Type?

2. How about the internet LED status when the internet drops? Will there still be a WAN IP address if you login to the C80's web management page?

3. How often does the issue happen? And how do you recover the connection?

Options
2022-10-05 15:37:03 - last edited 2022-10-05 15:41:40

@zexy 

Any update on that? I'm experiencing the exact same issue:

Model: Archer C80 1.0

Tested with software versions:
- 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(4555)
- 1.11.30 Build 220624 Rel.50807n(4555)

The following error comes up when the internet disconnects:

398 ERROR 1days, 04:20:52, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.
399 WARNING 1days, 04:20:52, [cwmp]cwmp is not start

On the web management page under Network -> Status the status says something like "WAN not connected" and there is no IP address when the disconnect happens

ISP: Vodafone

Internet Connection Type: Dynamic IP

I also sent a mail with all info and a system log to the given email address.

Options
2022-10-05 16:47:48

@zexy 

Figured I'll throw in an update.

My issue was resolved when senior TP-Link support staff gave me a link to the next beta firmware.

Updating to the beta firmware resolved the disconnects.

Options
2022-10-05 17:01:26 - last edited 2022-10-11 08:36:00

@MarcoM i had tested another router and that one had no problem, so i copied it's MAC ADDRESS and assigned it to my C80 ( choose custom mac address) after resetting it, by that my problem was solved! There was a firmware's update a couple days ago, i updated my router and the problem didn't come back which is awesome, Hope this fixes your problem too!

maybe try the solutions without updating to latest firmware (if you didn't already), save a copy of the firmware and then update, just in case something unexpected happens.

Options
2022-10-10 13:53:33

@zexy This solution did not work for me. I used the Custom MAC Address option on the TP-Link router and used the MAC Address for another router which I have and which works flawlessly, however the TP-Link keeps disconnecting from the network and I'm losing the wireless.

Options
2022-10-11 01:25:13

@Kenion can you download and send the firmware file to me so i can try? seems i got the problem back..

Options
Related Articles