Archer 9TE and TX50E not able to connect to 5G from Archer AX72 router?!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-31 11:20:11
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-t9e/#Driver

Just bought and setup a new AX72 router, turned off smart connect as I like to manually choose 2.4G and 5G.

I have installed in my PC (Windows 10 21H2) a TX50E Wi-Fi card which I have been using on 5G for over a year (with an Asus RT-AC66U), no issues just time for an upgrade to a Wi-fi 6 router to take advantage of it.  I also had an old Archer 9TE card which I using before that.

On my Desktop with ether Wi-fi card installed I can see both the 2.4G and 5G connections from the AX72 and can connect to the 2.4G no problem but I cannot connect to the 5G it just says "unable to connect to this network" after entering password.

Troubleshooting I have done.

• TX72 router is on the latest firmware
  • Both the 9TE and TX50E were on the latest drivers when trying (download from TPlink website)
  • Multiple restarts of my Desktop and router performed
  1. My Toshiba Z30 laptop can connect to both 2.4G and 5G coming from the AX72
  2. My Surface Pro 5 can connect to both 2.4 and 5G coming from the AX72
  3. Swapped out the TX50E Wi-Fi card for my old 9TE card, that also cannot connect to 5G coming from the AX72
  4. played around in advanced Wi-Fi settings manually trying different channels etc. to no avail.

If I had access to another desktop I'd try both cards in there but I know with the Asus router both cards will connected to 5G the only time I cannot connect to 5G is when using the Archer AX72 together then the Archer 9TE or TX50E.

Thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer 9TE and TX50E not able to connect to 5G from Archer AX72 router?!
2022-08-03 03:19:23 - last edited 2022-08-03 03:20:10

Hello   @soups 

For T9E adapter/ TX50E  failed to connect to 5Ghz of AX72 Router, please try some tips here

- change to a different 5Ghz channel, channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended

- try the intel latest driver for TX50E 

- If you use WPA3 security, change to WPA/WPA2 PSK (AES) for a test

If still the same, may I have a photo of AX72 router Wifi settings, router firmware version, a photo of error message and a photo of computer motherboard information & driver date, thank you. 

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 1