VPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN server
VPN server
2022-07-31 12:20:15
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220603 rel.3137(4555)

I have been trying to set up a VPN server on this router using tplinkdns but when trying to access via my android phone i always get the message "unsuccessful", I also tried using no-ip and that works fine but I would rather use tp link. I have registered a tp-link ID and I think I have set ddns for tplinkdns.

Once I have got this working I would like to remove the no-ip details but I can't do that either.

Many Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN server
2022-07-31 14:32:25

@Welshmark 

Hi,

If you "ping" the two hostnames (i.e. ping whatever.tplinkdns.com, ping my-no-id-hostname) you should get in return the IP addresses that are currently assigned to these hostnames. (if you don't have a computer you can also use some app on your phone or use the AX20's own ping feature under "Advanced" > "System" > "Diagnostics")

Looking at those IP addresses in comparison might give you a clue what is going on.

Especially check that the addresses are public IPv4 addresses and that they match the IPv4 address of your Internet connection.

Options
2022-08-01 09:28:18

@woozle It seems the problem may be my android phone. I tried using my laptop (Linux) tethered to the phone and all works fine. It just wont work on android itself. Pinging as you suggested using the diagnostics gave the same IP addresses.

Options
2022-08-04 08:49:24

I have everything working fine with VPN, maybe the problem is on the network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 3

Related Articles