TPG firmware installed on own router. How to reinstall stock firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-06 13:15:43
Tags: #Wrong firmware
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

ISP custom firmware (TPG Australia) for MR600 v2 is available to download on Official TP-Link website with no description or release notes to indicate that the firmware is only for TPG supplied routers.

Recently came across the features and congratulation of MR600 v2 and bought one for myself from a store. Interested a 4G sim and configured LAN side of things. Worked as expected including the manual selection of 4G band aggregation, as well as the wifi WPA3 encryption. 
As a last step, upon checking for firmware updates on tplink website, downloaded and installed the latest version which now seems to be an ISP only version and has not been removed from download page.

This version of firmware removed some key features such as manual band selection, latest wifi encryption and installed TPG's own CWP configs on my router. Internet speed is not stable and the router hangs on to one single band most of the time.

Great if someone could help me get the stock firmware back. Thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TPG firmware installed on own router. How to reinstall stock firmware?
2022-08-08 06:50:22 - last edited 2022-08-08 06:52:08

@ABW 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

We have contacted TPAU to remove the AUTPG customized firmware from official website to avoid wrong firmware update. At the same time, we are working on a middle firmware to allow it to install EU version firmware back, please wait patiently, once the middle version firmware is available, I will share it with you.

By the way, what is your current firmware version?

Options
2022-08-08 07:08:53

@Sunshine Thank you for the update and working on the issue. Please see attached for the version of firmware currently installed.

Options
2022-08-12 10:33:35

@ABW 

Hi, could you please try to install the following middle version firmware first, then install the EU version firmware on official website to see if it works?

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2022/202208/20220812/Archer_MR600_V2_220810_AUTPG_to_EU.zip

Options
2022-08-12 11:43:49

@Sunshine the firmware given was installed successfully. However, the EU firmware failed and the router doesn't power on anymore.

No LED lights on the front panel. 
The router seems to be unusable and I don't have any spare router for my home internet.

sorry to say but this is totally unacceptable from and brand new $250 product.

Can you help asap.

Options
2022-08-12 12:19:48 - last edited 2022-08-12 12:22:45

@ABW 

Hi, when you update to EU firmware, may I know if you downloaded the firmware "Archer MR600(EU)_V2_210914"? 

I just tried to update firmware from the middle firmware I sent you to the MR600(EU)_V2_210914 firmware successfully, so the issue didn't happen on my end.

During your firmware update process, is there any power outage on the router or any disconnection between your computer and the router? was it down via Ethernet connection or wireless connection? If so, that might be the reason why the firmware update failed and even bricked the router.

Please try to reset the router to factory defaults by pressing reset button for about 10s to see if there is any response, and try different wall sockets as well.

However, if there is still no power, please send me a private message or send email to support.forum@tp-link.com to provide the purchase information and S/N on this MR600.

Options
2022-08-12 12:37:32
I’ve sent a private message and an email with the serial number. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 859

Replies: 6

Tags

Wrong firmware