Best Router to replace Sky Q supplied one, and use with my 5x Deco P9s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-12 12:51:12 - last edited 2023-11-03 01:27:28

Hi, and hope someone can help me.

I have 5 Deco P9's and i can use them with my current set up as it upsets my Sky Router, and Sky Q boxes (they freeze a lot whn P9s are on)

I am hoping someone could recommend which router i could use to replace the sky one. (I am Fibre to the door, so have an ONT box)

I would love to be able to spread the P9s out and have coverage across my whole house, gardens and out buildings.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Best Router to replace Sky Q supplied one, and use with my 5x Deco P9s-Solution
2022-08-16 21:54:16 - last edited 2023-11-03 01:27:28

@Cashew1970 

Hey

Good old SkyQ.. its a pain!

Deco however does work well with this if you cable the Sky Q devices into the Deco nodes.  Once you cable things in it disables the built in Sky12354 WiFi that the main / mini boxes use to communicate.  Instead they will use your Deco devices to talk over the cable.  

Done this in a few setups and it works perfectly.   Granted its not always possible to have the Deco nodes near your Sky equipment, so long cables may be required but bypassing the ske wifi all together in favor of cable is a blessing...

Hope that helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Best Router to replace Sky Q supplied one, and use with my 5x Deco P9s-Solution
2022-08-16 21:54:16 - last edited 2023-11-03 01:27:28

@Cashew1970 

Hey

Good old SkyQ.. its a pain!

Deco however does work well with this if you cable the Sky Q devices into the Deco nodes.  Once you cable things in it disables the built in Sky12354 WiFi that the main / mini boxes use to communicate.  Instead they will use your Deco devices to talk over the cable.  

Done this in a few setups and it works perfectly.   Granted its not always possible to have the Deco nodes near your Sky equipment, so long cables may be required but bypassing the ske wifi all together in favor of cable is a blessing...

Hope that helps!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 1