Powerline Adapter with Netgear Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 08:58:38 - last edited 2022-08-13 09:01:46
Tags: #Unidentified Network

I've got a fibre connection into my house with a fibre to Ethernet box. My ISP is Vodafone (UK) so I have a Vodafone router but I have a Netgear RAX48 router that I connect all of my devices to. I'm also using a Raspberry Pi as a Pi-Hole which is connected to the Netgear router. I've bought some TP Link powerline adapters as I am trying to stream video games from my PC to my TV without the input lag I am seeing when using my WiFi. However when I plug them in, my PC states that the Ethernet connection is an "Unidentified Network; No Internet". When I try and ping my router, the cmd states "General Failure".

I've tried using the Powerline Adapter inbetween the Fibre to Ethernet and my Vodafone Router and also just connecting the Powerline Adapter to my Netgear Router only but neither work. When using the first setup, the Ethernet LED on the Powerline adapter is lit and when using the second setup, it is not.

Setup 1

Setup 2

Any help for where to go next or things to try is much appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 182

Replies: 0

Tags

Unidentified Network
Related Articles