Mac software for configuring (e.g. new password) AV500 clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 15:35:49
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1

Hi. We have several Powerline adapters and have used them for some time. I have two queries:

1) Several times I have used software on both Mac and PC laptop which allowed me to configure each client, for example giving each the same password. That software is NOT the tpPLC Utility available at the download centre (which does very little as far as I can tell and I can't see the point of it). But I can find the software I had installed and used in the pass nowhere on the TP Link website. I seem to remember I could also connect view an IP address but I'm b******d if can remember what that is. I need  to access it because . . 

2) I get around 50mbs if I connect to the router wifi signal but ONLY - according to Ookla which provides all results from me - between a really, really bad 0.8 to 1.6mbs if I connect view one of my adapters. This is TERRIBLE but it wasn't always like that. I have no idea what has gone wrong but obviously something had. It used to be just as fast as the Archer wifi signal.

I have rebooted the router, turned the 'central adapter' which is wired to the router on and off and on again but that is the limit of my knowledge. I want to sort this out.

The gear I use is the WAP4220 UK KIT if that helps. Ok, it's not the most up to date but I can't shell out a more dosh for five newer models and the central unit.

Any advice? And WHERE do I get the software I am looking for.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 0