Powerline Connectivity between floors is slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 07:00:55
Tags: #Powerline
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0

Hey All, 

Recently I've noticed a massive dip in terms of playability in online games, because of my Power line kit.
I've observed the red Power line light when using it normally, which takes an input from a downstairs router and outputs it to another router upstairs which acts as a relay. When pairing both power line kits to the same floor (Downstairs) the light doesn't come on, and I can get very good and fast speeds, as well as experience no lag.

This has only started happening recently and I haven't yet found a fix. If it helps, I've noticed the light coming on when I power on my Laptop, could this draw so much power it is hindering performance? However speaking against that theory, is that it has worked in the exact same setup for about half a year now.

Hope you all can help,

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Connectivity between floors is slow
2022-10-15 15:18:51

@Conrad-A 

Red led means the weak signal between the power adapters as UG here. Clear the home appliance near the socket and check if there is any new device in the house, try unplugging that first. Of course, you could also try a different wall outlet 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 1

Tags

Powerline