Deco m5 channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m5 channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco m5 channel change
Deco m5 channel change
2022-08-17 22:27:07 - last edited 2022-08-18 07:37:33
Tags: #Feature Request #Channel& Channel width

Hi, on another thread you indicate that the Deco cannot be forced to to a channel change.

In my location I can see 7 other wifi networks which are ALL on the same 2.4ghz channel while the other channels are all totally unoccupied,

If I look at the 5ghz wiki I can only see 5 networks but they are ALSO ALL on the same channel.

My wifi appears to work OK much of the time but often I get a message saying no connection and I gave to wait for it to come back up again or disconnect and reconnect. Most of my house has Ethernet ports available. There are 48 separate ports in my house with 24 of them in use. The 3 decos are connected to the modem via 1 gbit cat6 ethernet cable.

I gave monitored the internet connection via my desktop pc and I gave had no drop-outs for months so the issue is ONLY with the wifi.

Surely, providing the ability to channel change can only improve the situation?

Just do it, make it optional and not the default but allow us to fix the problem that you guys gave created where all the damn wifi routers choose the same channel.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco m5 channel change
2022-09-14 15:15:05

@GlynR 

I totally agree. It interferes with my wireless speaker system. TP-Link won't do anything.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 473

Replies: 1

Tags

Feature Request
Channel& Channel width
Related Articles