Update information request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 19:36:30
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ‪1.2.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 210812 Rel.51351n

Hi everyone, I have a 3g/4g modem router,

Hardware Version: TL-MR6500v v1.20, Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 210812 Rel.51351n.

I wanted to know if there is an updated FW version or a newer file to update ISP with the data of the new telephone companies.

The current ISP Version is 21080701.

I await your kind answers, thanks.

Greetings.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Update information request
2022-08-24 12:01:39

@Shinjisan 

Hi, your current firmware and ISP version is the latest version.

If there is any issue with the product or internet access, please provide more details, we will try our best to assist.

Options
2022-08-24 16:22:45

@Sunshine 

Thanks for the kind reply "Sunshine".

My main problem is that the company WindTre is missing from the ISP list I tried to add it manually but it doesn't work correctly, the connection is unstable and slow compared to the speed test done with the mobile phone, certainly the fault of the incorrect configuration.

I created ISP configuration using parameters registered on the mobile phone keeping many settings automatically (the band and the serach network), maybe you have to select them manually to get better performance.

I tried with the single Wind or Tre configurations but the speed is much reduced compared to the one tested with the mobile using the same sim in the same place.

I don't think the speed difference is the fault of the router, it makes it strange to me that the mobile phone has a faster connection than a dedicated 4g router.

If you can suggest any solution or provide me a file to update ISP I would be grateful, thanks.

Sincerely.

Options
2022-08-26 11:04:07

@Shinjisan 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Regarding the speed difference, please check if your phone is working on 4G+ or even 5G, the MR6500v supports up to LTE CAT4, which doesn't support 4G+,most smartphones now supports much higher LTE category up to CAT20 or 5G, it is recommanded to compare the speed with another 4G device with the same LTE category.

In addition, you could also try to select the 4G band manually to try the bands supported by WindTre one by one to see which band has the best speed and more stable.

Options
2022-08-27 12:00:32

@Sunshine 

Ok, thanks for the tip, I will try to do some tests by setting the band manually for better performance.
I am waiting for an ISP settings update or new FW.
Thank you.
Greetings.

Options
2022-09-05 10:35:46

@Sunshine 

Hi @Sunshine, I wanted to ask for information;

Do you know if it exists or can you recommend a router model with similar characteristics to the "TL-MR6500v" but with the 4.5G LTE Plus modem?

I tried to do a search but I found only the model "Archer MR600" but it is not compatible " VoLTE / CSFB / VoIP " it has no rj11 telephone output.

If it does not exist, do you know if a new model like the "Archer MR600" but with an additional rj11 telephone output is being designed or built?

Thank you.

Greetings.

Options
2022-09-06 02:02:35

@Shinjisan 

Hi, we do have a new product which supports 4G+ and even 5G along with a RJ11 port, which is Deco X80-5G, the available time might be different in different countries, it is recommended to pay attention to some online stores to see when it will be available in your area.

In addition, for the telephony service, the Deco X80-5G supports CSFB and VoLTE, please note that VoIP is not supported.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 6

Related Articles