No IPv6 Address with Archer MR600 in Wireless Router Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 19:11:08
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210208 Rel.61056n

When I am running my Archer MR600 in Wireless Router Mode:

• The Router gets an IPv6 Address from the Network (IPv6 is enabled in profile ipoe_1_d)  but
  • Does not assign an IPV6 Address to the LAN and connected devices

(see image)

So I am limited to IPv4 when in Wireless Router mode, but I need IPv6 in a specific situation. (WireGuard IPv6 only endpoint)

This behavior does not occur in 3G/4G Router Mode. In this case everything works as expected: Both IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses are assigned.

Options
2 Reply
Re:No IPv6 Address with Archer MR600 in Wireless Router Mode
2022-08-30 08:59:58

@Obrain17 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Could you please download the latest firmware from our website and update the firmware to see if the problem can be resolved?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-mr600/v2/#Firmware

Options
Re:No IPv6 Address with Archer MR600 in Wireless Router Mode
2022-08-30 15:05:22 - last edited 2022-08-31 07:02:36

@Sunshine 

Thank you for the quick reply

I did as you recommended and now I have firmware version  1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Unfortunately the behavior has not changed:

Still no IPv6 are assigned to the LAN in Wireless Router Mode. 

Same image as I already posted, IPv6 exits in "Internet" but does not exist in "LAN" 

Edit (Update):

I have done some more tests in the meantime:

If I set a static IPv6 prefix instead of using Delegate (see Image) an IPv6 Address is assigned to the router and to the clients

With this IPv6 Address

• I can ping other other clients in the router's lan and the router itself
  • but not access the internet

Apparently the IPv6 default gateway is not set correctly. There is no option to set it similar to the site prefix.

I am connecting 2 different routers to the WAN port of the Archer MR600.

• when I am at home, an AVM Fritzbox: Here I found an option to assign the Site Prefix. Then I can switch back to "Delegate" and everything is working, including the gateway that is also set correctly.
  • when I am in a remote site: an Android Wifi access point connected with a TL-WR902AC to the WAN port of the Archer MR600. Nothing can be configured there, so I have only IPv4 or IPv6 limited to internal IP-Addresses, when I assign a static Site Prefix as described above

I will do some more tests with the Android scenario, maybe I find a solution. Of course I still appreciate your help 

Options