Deco M9 with KPN TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 with KPN TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 with KPN TV
Deco M9 with KPN TV
2022-08-29 19:43:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to use the deco m9 as main router with several additional acces points in combination with KPN Glasvezel Internet and TV. 

for so far, it seems that i have a working solution as expected :

• Normal Internet (PPPoE on VLAN 6)
  • Live Television (on VLAN 4)

except one thing, that the replay function, tv guide, etc doesn't work on the KPN TV Set Top Box.

after some research it seems that you need to set some additional settings which is not accesable through the interface. So maybe it's possible to add KPN to the selection list (with the additional parameters), or add the posibility to adjust the settings through e.g. the webinterface.

the following settings are necessary to make ful advantage of the KPN tv settop box :

• IGMP proxy. (IGMPv2)
  • IGMP Snooping 
  • IGMP Fast leave 

i think these 3 are already activated when you set the function IPTV/VLAN because live tv is working as expected and switching between channels works flawless (i didn't measure network traffic)

The following settings need to be added to use Replay TV andTV Guide, etc :   

• DHCP Option 60 (Vendor Class Identifier) : String IPTV_RG
  • Option 121 (Classless Static Route Option) [RFC3442]

Without these critical settings the DHCP server from KPN TV doesn't response and you won't receive an IPTV IP-Address. So there is no 'normal' unicast internet connection.

Please advise how to proceed, i'am happy to do testing.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 with KPN TV
2022-08-30 08:08:51 - last edited 2022-08-30 08:09:37

@SDO 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Did you refer to this guide to get KPN iTV configuration:

http://networkdynamics(dot)nl/?p=142

(Sorry it is not allowed to post external link and the full link could be seen in the private message.)

I have consulted the senior engineers just now and Deco M9 plus does not support DHCP 121 yet. 

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-08-30 08:47:25

@David-TP thanks.

Is there any change there can be support build in on short time? Else I need to exchange the deco with a supported router.

As references I used the support pages from kpn ( sorry in Dutch):

https://forum.kpn(dot)com/thuisnetwerk-72/gebruik-een-eigen-router-i-p-v-de-experia-box-458609

Options
2022-08-31 03:43:39

@SDO 

Hi, I do see it is planed to support static route on Deco. I googled it and It seems to be DHCP option 33 [RFC 2132], not the same as DHCP Option 121 (Classless Static Route Option) [RFC3442]. So I am afraid it could not be supported within a short time.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1005

Replies: 3

Related Articles