Ethernet Backhaul via Moca Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-29 23:34:03
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I am definetly not an expert and looking for a little help. 

Goal: setup a Ethernet Backhaul between my 3 Deco X55's. 

I do not have Ethernet wired through my home so I looking to use the existing coax wiring for a moca network. 

I setup the connection as described below and the satelite deco's briefly show "Ethernet" as the source, but after a few minutes the main deco turns to red and the network crashes. I don't have a switch in my current setup, not sure if that could be the issue. My Moca adapters do show both LAN and moca as working. 

Setup: Incoming coax from wall to a splitter. Splitter goes to modem & moca adapter via coax. modem is linked to router via ethernet (Deco X55 router). Then the router goes to the moca adapter via ethernet. My ISP is Spectrum and I'm using a modem that they provide. Other rooms are coax from wall to adapter to Deco.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul via Moca Network
2022-08-30 03:09:47

@HawkEye55 

I have an idea and you could unplug the satellite Deco form the MOCA adapter, then plug a computer instead.

Then check the IP address on the computer per link:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/

After that, compare this IP with the IPV4 address on the main Deco X55 to see whether there would be any relation.

If the IP on the PC is in  the same IP subnet as IPV4 address, the MOCA adapter is actually from the ISP modem which might explain whether the internet crashed since only one Deco is allowed to connect to ISP modem.

But if the IP on the PC is in the same IP subnet as LAN IP address, the problem you had was unusual and it might be caused by something else.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 895

Replies: 1

Related Articles