Deco x60 roaming issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x60 roaming issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco x60 roaming issue
Deco x60 roaming issue
2022-09-01 14:32:34
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20220419 Rel. 42689

I setup 2 x Deco x60 as AP mode but my devices only access in the main one even if I have enabled the Mesh, fast roaming and Beamforming.

1 AP is in my study room and the other is in dinning room, when I walk to my kitchen closed to dinning room, my cell always is connecting to AP in study room even if poor signal. If the roaming is working, I would expect that my cell will roam to the AP can offer the better signal or closed to my cell.

Could anyone have idea to fix it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x60 roaming issue
2022-09-01 15:25:30 - last edited 2022-09-01 15:56:53

@GaryPang 

If you turn off/on WiFi on smartphone while near the Satellite X60, or reboot smartphone, will it connect to Satellite Deco? If it does, it is smartphone problem it won't roam. What helps to facilitate smartphone roaming is turning off 2.4GHz in Deco Main Network:

In case smartphone does not connect to Satellite no matter what, and you see no other WiFi devices connected to Satellite Deco:

Install WiFi Analyzer app on your smartphone, it will report how many Deco nodes broadcast WiFi signal. In your case, should be two. Walk to Satellite, turn off/on WiFi on Smartphone to get fresh readings, and check what Analyzer reports. The Deco node you standing near should broadcast the strongest signal.

If not, it might be defective hardware.

I recommend the following WiFi analyzer: WiFiMan by Ubiquiti

Options