Extender no longer works for wifi or Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-03 09:07:58 - last edited 2022-09-09 08:12:37

I bought a RE500X AX1500 Wi-Fi range extender around a month ago, I had my PC plugged into it by ethernet cable and my phone connected by wifi

When I woke up this morning both devices no longer worked with the extender, I have reset it, re connected it.

The setup in the Tether app works normally but as soon as I plug the Ethernet cable in my device no longer shows up in the app. 

When on the Extender internet nothing loads. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender no longer works for wifi or Ethernet
2022-09-09 08:16:02 - last edited 2022-09-09 08:18:02

Hello  @eltonhk 

Sorry for the delayed response, can you confirm you have the extender has successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network of router and the Signal led & Wi-Fi Led should be On on the RE500X. You may also check if the troubleshooting guide here helps 

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

After the setup, whether RE disappearing on appearing in the Tether app should not affect the internet of a extender, you could check the LED on RE to judge if the RE has connected to router's Wifi or not. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 1

Related Articles