No internet service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet service
No internet service
2022-09-05 09:13:08
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I bought the TL-MR6500v hw v1.0 three months ago, to be used with a Tiscali mobile SIM card, worked flawlessly until the end of july. Then, Tiscali changed something (they shut down the 3G repeaters and left only the 4G ones) and now it cannot register to the network. I've tried changing every setting, creating a new profile, but nothing seems to work.

What can it be? There are no ISP upgrade files in the download section, I've also tried every auth type and every combination, but nothing works.

Also, if I put the SIM in another phone, in the same location as the modem, it works flawlessly

Thanks for any help

Daniel

Options
6 Reply
Re:No internet service
2022-09-06 02:26:49

@xxThorx 

Hi, could you please share with us screenshot of Advanced->Status page and system log file as well?

In addition, when the same SIM card is inserted into your phone at same location, please check which 4G band the phone is working on.

For android phone, you could install LTE Discovery App or LTE Cell Info: Network Status to check the 4G band of phone.
For iPhone, please type *3001#12345#* into the area you normally use to input a phone number and press call.You will enter Field Test mode, and you should see the Freq Band Indicator or EARFCN or UARFCN number.

Options
2022-09-07 12:11:26

@Sunshine 

Sure, here there are:

Options
2022-09-09 03:54:35

@xxThorx 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

It seems that your phone is working on 4G band 20, and MR6500v supports band 20 as well, but it shows No Service. Please make sure the two external LTE antennas are installed properly, try to reset the MR6500v to factory defaults.

If still shows No Service on Status page, please send an email to support.forum with this forum ID and provide the whole system log file(click save logs on system log page, the file will be saved on your computer).

Options
2022-09-19 12:42:51

@Sunshine 

I just bought TL-MR6500v hw v1.0 to be used with a Tiscali mobile SIM card, I'm exactly in the same situation as @xxThorx. A Vodafone SIM in the same device works without problems, the Tiscali SIM inserted in a phone works flawlessly, but the Tiscali SIM in the TL-MR6500v fails to register (Registration denied by the visible network)

Any update on the problem?

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Options
2022-09-19 13:13:45
Hi Roberto, I'm in contact with the customer service, they have to update the firmware in order to make it work. I'll keep you updated on the question Best regards Daniel
Options
2022-09-19 13:30:12

@xxThorx 

Thanks Daniel for your prompt feedback. I'm available to test the new firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 529

Replies: 6

Related Articles