EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-09 15:38:38 - last edited 2023-07-17 09:12:43
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20220415 Rel. 63538(5553)

I have an EAP610-Outdoor AP and it was working perfectly for a couple of weeks, then one day the wireless stopped functioning. Everything else about the AP seems fine. The web interface works, it gets an IP through DHCP, SSH works, SNMP works, the LED works, but there's no detectable wireless activity and client devices can no longer see the SSID on either frequency band, even when they're right next to the AP.

I've tried:

• Updating to the latest firmware.
  • Rebooting.
  • Power cycling.
  • Factory reset from both the web interface and physical reset button.
  • Using the default TP-Link SSIDs after a factory reset.
  • Entering SSID manually on client devices.
  • Using different client devices, including PCs and mobile phones.
  • Moving client to within a few feet of the AP.
  • Changing wireless frequencies/bandwidths/modes/power.
  • Different WPA security settings.
  • Toggling SSID broadcast.
  • Confirming that the scheduler is disabled.
  • Using a shorter Ethernet cable between the AP and PoE injector.

Nothing seems to work. The clients all act as if the AP doesn't exist, even though they all worked perfectly for the first two weeks.

The only notable event that has happened recently is that we had a lot of rain, but the AP is under an awning and doesn't get wet unless there's a strong gust of wind, so I don't see why that would've affected it. There wasn't any lightning, but either way, the AP does have a grounding wire attached.

On the Radio Traffic stats, the RX counters are all zero. The only counters that change are TX Packets and TX Bytes, which tick up every few seconds. I also see the wireless interfaces listed with the "ifconfig" command through SSH, and their RX/TX stats agree with the web interface.

Is there anything else I can try or is it just defective hardware suffering from an early failure?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks-Solution
2023-06-16 02:30:21 - last edited 2023-07-17 09:12:43

Hi @CarloPH,

Sorry to hear that you have an issue with the EAP610-Outdoor.

Please try to forget or hardware reset the EAP610-Outdoor in question, and re-adopt it on your Omada Controller for checking.

If it doesn't help, please feel free to submit a ticket to TP-Link Technical Support team for further assistance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
25 Reply
Re:EAP610-Outdoor wireless stopped working after 2 weeks
2022-09-12 07:41:53

@MP64 

If you have confirmed that the previous reset of the EAP was successful, e.g. you see the light on the EAP blinking and the EAP has been restored to its default settings.
Then it feels like there is nothing more you can do and you can contact support directly to check the warranty.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-10-05 02:25:57

@MP64 same problem here. 

You may want to share the solution if you managed to fix it.

thank you.

Ric

Options
2022-10-05 06:04:57

@Ric04jan72 

I wasn't able to fix it. I've been waiting on an RMA replacement which recently arrived. The new one seems to be working so far, so I'll have to wait and see if it lasts longer than the old one.

Options
2022-10-15 02:50:23

@MP64 

I am having the exact same issue.

I have been told the 1.0.4 firmware should not have shipped with the units. I ran into my first problem when upgrading to the 1.0.6 firmware.

The first AP in my network upgraded, then my issues happened. The other 3 APs in my Mesh did not get upgraded and are still on 1.0.4 as far as I can tell. The reason I say that is because my site is 200+ miles away, so it's not an easy task to resolve.

I noticed my signal strength from my Master AP to the Slave / Mesh APs went from the -65 range to -98. It's as if the wireless radios are completely turned off. My client has told me none of their tablets, cell phones, etc are able to connect or even see the SSIDs.

Does anyone know if there's a way to factory default the unit without pressing the reset button on the unit? In our installation scenario, the EAP 610's are 20 feet up a pole and require a lift being rented to do a few second reset procedure. It's a giant pain in the *** to resolve this issue!

Any feedback is appreciated!

Options
2022-10-17 04:20:49 - last edited 2022-10-17 04:21:16

@WiFi_Addict 

Besides the physical button, I think the only other way to do a factory reset is through the web interface, but if the wireless isn't working then it would need to be connected to the physical LAN to do that. If it's the same problem that I had, then a reset may not even help, though.

Where did you hear that the devices weren't supposed to have the 1.0.4 firmware?

Options
2022-12-19 22:25:08

@MP64 same here. Updated to 1.0.6 and it was as if the device disappeared. No SSID, no way to connect wirelessly. YET, still able to find the device via it's network connection to the controller. 

Hoping a software update fixes this issue so I don't have to send the device back. I have one other EAP610-Outdoor running 1.0.6 that is still in-use and hasn't acted up... yet. And two others awaiting deployment. 

Options
2022-12-21 14:50:46

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but it seems like the 1.0.6 firmware has been removed from the Download Center, so perhaps there's an issue with it.

My replacement is using 1.0.4 and is still working after 2 months.

Options
2023-01-18 01:53:41 - last edited 2023-01-18 01:54:06

@MP64 I have the same problem. Mine required me to update to1.0.6 then stopped working. I have 3 of them and the master quit, so the others are useless

Options
2023-01-18 02:14:53

@WiFi_Addict how did you resolve this? I am sure if I get another it will quit after it updates

Options
2023-02-14 20:44:11

@MP64 I have been trying to solve this problem for almost a year. I have already returned 5 units and I am on my 6th. Same problem with every one. 

Sometimes it works for a few months, but usually right around 2 weeks they stop broadcasting ssid. However in the controller it shows up and active with tx active no rx. 

Running 1.0.6 firmware. I have tried installing older firmware and nothing.  I have reset them and nothing. Tried adjusting every setting and zilch. Once these things stop broadcasting it seems there is no way to get it back. It's a nightmare changing them out everytime and customers service has been no help.

I have one that has been up and running for over a year and never had a problem. But every other one has. When they work the are excellent for my operation. I have seen that this is an extremely common issue and Tp-link needs to find a solution. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 4977

Replies: 25

Related Articles