Trouble Setting Up Deco S4 with Community Fibre/Linksy Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 01:28:20
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Was trying tonight to set up my Deco S4s to replace my current router. We have Community Fibre as our ISP, with a Linksy/Community Fibre modem.

I followed the S4 app instructions, but my device would not connect to the new network (this is after being asked to name the network and choose the internet connection type). It suggested perhaps my internet connection type was incorrect (it automatically chose Dynamic ISP) or that the wrong port on the modem was used. I couldn't find another port on the modem, but was not sure if the Dynamic ISP setting was the correct one.

Does anyone with Community Fibre know if Dynamic ISP is the correct setting, or know what was stopping the setup process from working? (when I plugged back in my old router -after failing with the S4s for the night- the internet returned, so it wasn't an outage).

Thanks,

Josh

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble Setting Up Deco S4 with Community Fibre/Linksy Modem
2022-09-19 07:50:18

@Squashuar

Hi, I think dynamic IP is the correct choice and do you have a laptop so that you could contact it to the Linksys fibre modem to see whether the PC had internet.

If yes, you might need MAC authentication:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/500100

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 1

Related Articles