MR600 v2 very slow data download over 4G+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 14:44:28
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Hello, 

Asking for some help to diagnose very slow download over 4G+. I recently replaced a D-link DWR-921 with the MR600 and I'm getting much slower download speeds. I have reasonable signal strength on -88dBm, and would appear to have carrier aggregation on Bands 1 & 3. I have Bands 1, 3 & 5 available from my tower. (850, 1800, 2100MHz).

I haven't been able to get more than 12Mbps download reported using the routers own speed test, and Ookla Speedtest on a tablet. The DWR-921 had much faster download speeds located physically in exactly the same spot, and used to report the same signal strength at around 72-85%. I do not have external antennas on either router. I have Band selection set to 'Auto'.

Hoping someone can suggest other settings to check?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR600 v2 very slow data download over 4G+
2022-09-18 14:53:18 - last edited 2022-09-19 03:13:49

@Wiz.Au 

I have changed the Band setting from Auto to Manual, and selected all three bands available.

Options
2022-09-19 03:11:41

@Wiz.Au 

I do not understand, but this morning my speed issues are gone.

But what really confuses me is that after I set the bands manually to 1,3,5, the status screen now shows that I am Band aggregating on two channels of Band 3? I didn't think that was possible?

Options
2022-09-20 03:48:15

@Wiz.Au 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Glad to hear that the speed issue is resolved now, and two carriers within the same band aggregating is possible as well.

For more information about types of carrier aggregation, you could also search online, and here is the explanation mentioned on 3GPP website(external link cannot be sent here, you could also search it online):

The easiest way to arrange aggregation would be to use contiguous component carriers within the same operating frequency band (as defined for LTE), so called intra-band contiguous. This might not always be possible, due to operator frequency allocation scenarios. For non-contiguous allocation it could either be intra-band, i.e. the component carriers belong to the same operating frequency band, but have a gap, or gaps, in between, or it could be inter-band, in which case the component carriers belong to different operating frequency bands

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 3

Related Articles