Daisy chain possible for Deco X50?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-23 13:31:44
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20220407 Rel. 69134

HI,

I installed my new Deco X50 system with 3 Deco's. Setup was just fine, but I have the problem, that the main Deco is on the far left side of our house (can't be changed), then I installed one in the middle and the last on the opposite end. My plan was to daisy chain the last one with the one in the middle, but there is no option to configure this and it always only connects to the main Deco with a very poor connection. Is there a hidden option or firmware to get a solution here? Otherwise the Deco system is probably not the right one for me. Any help woul be appreciated.

Thanks

Kai

Options
5 Reply
Re:Daisy chain possible for Deco X50?
2022-09-23 14:54:56

@macroth72 

The answer is: not yet, for Deco X50. TP-Link gradually releases firmware for different Deco models with that feature.

If you like Deco X50, consider replacing it with similar Deco X55, for which beta firmware is available: Deco X55 1.1.0  You will only need to install that firmware on last Deco, opposite to Main Deco. Other two can run as is.

What you need is feature #2 in the list of features: "Added support for customizing Satellite Deco Signal Source under Deco App > Internet > Select the Satellite Deco > Signal Source."

Options
2022-09-23 15:08:49

@Alexandre.  Many thanks for the quick reply. That's sad to hear. Then I probably need to return the set for now and stay at my current config, which also isn't ideal but better what the Deco's offer. Even speed an ping is better with my old kit. I just wanted to replace it with the 3 unit set, to have a more stable network all over my house, as the current one only has 2 units. 

But thanks anyway. Need to find another solutiuon then.

Options
2022-10-11 11:40:47

@macroth72 

Just in case you haven't returned your X50 set yet, see check: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/584954

Options
2022-10-11 11:44:39

@Alexandre. Many thanks for bringing to my attention and having this in mind. Appreciate this! Unfortunately I already returned the kit.

Thanks

Kai

Options
2023-02-07 21:00:41 - last edited 2023-02-07 21:03:22

Hi, i have just noticed that there's this option in the menu, that we can change the preferences. So I decided to delete my former post, I don't want to confuse others... and I am sorry for the wrong terminology, obviously I ment main unit and not satellite. Thsnk you for the correction. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2394

Replies: 5

Related Articles