Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental Controls
Parental Controls
2022-09-29 03:40:20
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I am trying to get parental controls set up on the Deco S4 series, and they don't seem to be working. The issue is across all devices and all profiles that I set up. I have multiple children in the house and would like to help keep them safe from unintentional online mishaps.

My main concern is "Adult Content", but no matter which filter level(Child, Pre-Teen, Teen, Adult) I choose, sites that are listed as "Adult Content" on https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/ are still viewable on all devices on the network.

I'd really like to keep the three Deco S4s that I purchased, but one of the main reasons I bought them was for the parental controls that I can't seem to get to work. 

I really appreciate help on this matter.

Thank you! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Controls
2022-09-30 06:41:48

@ConcernedParent 

Deco S4 does not use Trendmicro Homecare although they looks like quite the same as parental control on Deco M5. I used to have the same issue and the support suggested to manually adding the adult sites into the blocked websites, which I did and some worked, other didn't. I think because their database did not cover most of the Adult contents since they asked me to send these websites to them so that they could report to engineers.

I would suggest getting an Deco M5 instead.

Options
2022-09-30 13:40:43

Thank you so much for your response! I will upgrade to the Deco X20 model (as this model also has the Trendmicro Homecare) and see if this fits my needs better. If not, unfortunately I will have to try a different manufacturer. 

Thank you again! 

Options
2022-11-02 20:44:35
What did you end up doing? I also cannot get parental controls to block adult content...
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles