MR600 V2 - Access to Web interface when connected via VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 11:21:51 - last edited 2022-09-29 11:24:03
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Hi,

I'm just setting up a new installation with an MR600 Router.

As the site will be unattended, I want to remotely access all the devices in the network.

Until now, i can access all the connected devices, except the router, using the OpenVPN connection.

When I try to access the web interface, it gives a message which refers a forbidden access.

Wow can I solve this situation, I don't want to open the web interface directly to the internet.

Thank you for some help.

mcalmeida

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR600 V2 - Access to Web interface when connected via VPN
2022-09-30 04:13:52

@mcalmeida 

Hi, currently the MR600 doesn't allow VPN clients to access its web interface via LAN IP address directly, it is recommended to enable remote management function on the MR600.

And you could also configure Client Device Allowed for Remote Management to only allow specific device to access it remotely

Options
2022-09-30 07:30:33

Hi  @Sunshine ,

Thank you for your reply bu this solution forces me to expose the router to the internet and I don't want to do that.

Also, the solution of only allowing a specific device to access it remotely, it's not possible as I need to access the device from several locations and i didn't have a fixed IP address. Does this solution work with ddns name resolution, can I use a ddns and define a name to my computer and use the defined name to setup the "Client Device Allowed to remote management"?

regards

mcalmeida

Options
2022-10-03 07:45:57

Hi @Sunshine ,

It seems there is a solution for this.

I've found the solution in another sub-forum of TP-LINK Community.

The solution, working for may case is:

1. Setup the router with your preferred configuration.

2. Setup OpenVPN and confirm it is working as you pretend.

3. Activate the 2nd IP Address for the local network on the same lan as the OpenVPN lan address.

This solution is working for me for 3 days without any questions.

Please post this solution for the reported problem as I've seen lot's of people requesting a solution.

Thank you for our support.

mcalmeida

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 659

Replies: 3

Related Articles