2.4 Ghz ssid doesnt connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 15:34:39
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220228 rel.60482(5553)

Hi All

i bought a new Archer GX90 triband router from amazon july this year. everything was working fine until 3 days ago. 2.4 Ghz SSID regular and guest cannot be connected on any devices it simply gives an error message connection failure.

working with support  i had done below already but, none helped resolve the issue.

1. changed SSId

2. changed ssid password

3. power recycled

4. changed channels

5. changed bandwidth from Auto to 20 Mhz

6. lastly did a factory reset and reestablished.

i have a very simply setup none of the advanced stuff. My wired n/w is still is good as it was day 1 and my 5G1 and 5G2 are working fine too.the issue is only with 2.4 i see the ssid's but unable to connect. i am update to date on all firmware and related stuff.

i am not using wpa3 i am still on wpa/wpa2-personal and version wpa-psk/wpa2-psk Encryption AES for all 3 bands.

TP link support had no other suggestions other than a RMA so that is in process but, i did see couple of posts the new equipment still had issues so i am looking for advice suggestions if you have been though this and how you resolved it.

really appreciate your help

Options
3 Reply
Re:2.4 Ghz ssid doesnt connect
2022-09-30 06:54:49

@ragsgold 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Regarding this particular model, GX90, I honestly haven't heard of a similar issue that the 2.4G network would stop working. I would suggest waiting for the replacement, then trying to observe if that would work properly.

Do let the community know if there is still an issue or anything new comes up.

Options
2023-01-03 23:03:50

@Kevin_Z 

i received my replacement unit 3 months ago and roughly around the same time i am in the exact same situation. my new replacement GX90 was working fine till 3 months last couple of days i am unable to connect to any 2.4 Ghz. SSID gets displayed when i try to connect to that connection doesnt get established. 5G1 and 5G2 works fine no issues there.

adding to the problem i bought a archer AX10 and was using it in AP mode . Upto a month it worked fine but after a month 2.4 has same connection issues but its 5G is working fine. i have completely different ssid's on 2.4 i use only 20 Mhz and use different channels in GX 90 and AX10 so there is no overlap.

i reached out support again afster the usual which suggested in my earlier post the option they suggested was RMA for another replacement. i told them it is odd the second GX90 is faulty but, even if that is the case what could impact AX10. so they assigned to a technical team and they asked me more or less the same information awaiting for a solution.

if SSID is visible and unable to connect seems odd and two different routers haveingthe same issue within 1 - 3 months seems off again. i really think there is something off which is triggerring this.

i am just exhausting options. any suggestions will be appreciated,

Options
2023-01-05 08:16:28

@ragsgold 

Thank you very much for updating with all the details.

This really sounds odd. I found you have an open ticket that has been followed up by the support engineers, please keep discussing the issue with them and update here once it is confirmed or solved. Thank you.

Options