Router USB folder share desktop shortcut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-02 07:11:50 - last edited 2022-10-04 06:39:41
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have successfully connected my external hard drive to the router and accessed it from my PC through wi-fi, but I can't create a desktop shortcut to access the folder easily! right now each time I need to access the folder, I need to type ftp://192..... the username and password are saved.

Is there a way to create a desktop shortcut? I've tried using the windows shortcut (right-click > create new shortcut) but windows can't understand the "Link" ftp://192.168.1.1

Thanks, note I'm using windows 10, and trying to connect to the share folder through local wi-fi

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router USB folder share desktop shortcut-Solution
2022-10-04 00:10:29 - last edited 2022-10-04 06:39:41

@Jousef 

Use these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Right-click on "My Computer" in the navigation panel on the left
  3. Choose "Add new network location"
  4. Use the wizard to create a new network location for your FTP site
  5. The FTP site will now show up in My Computer as a network location. You can make shortcuts from there by right-clicking on the connection and choosing "send to" > "desktop (as shortcut)".
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router USB folder share desktop shortcut-Solution
2022-10-04 00:10:29 - last edited 2022-10-04 06:39:41

@Jousef 

Use these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Right-click on "My Computer" in the navigation panel on the left
  3. Choose "Add new network location"
  4. Use the wizard to create a new network location for your FTP site
  5. The FTP site will now show up in My Computer as a network location. You can make shortcuts from there by right-clicking on the connection and choosing "send to" > "desktop (as shortcut)".
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 1

Related Articles