Parental Control Or Access Control Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-06 04:30:21
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200915 Rel.56357n(5553)

Hello. I am trying to use parental control or access control for my children. But it is not working properly.

For example: I desire to restrict the internet activities of host with MAC address 00:11:22:33:44:AA from 3:00 to 7:00 on each day.

To make it happen, I go to parental control,

Select my laptop mac address as parental PC. Then, in the mac address 1, I provide the mac address of the mobile that I want to restrict.

Then, I selected each day time schedule 3:00 to 7:00. And of course, I updated the time settings with the local time.

Then, when I tick the enable parental controls box and save everything, the internet connection goes out from everything, from every device. And it doesn't come even after when the schedule is over.

As it is not working properly, I did the same thing in access control. Instead of blocking specific device, it blocks all devices. and internet does not become active after the blocking schedule.

When I untick the Enable Internet access control, everything becomes normal.

Please, help me solve this issue.

File:
Screenshot_1.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Control Or Access Control Not Working
2022-10-06 23:57:31

@Anik2022 

First there's a newer FW release for your device, which addresses some vulnerability issues - here.

Here's the Parental Controls guide for Archer C20.

Here's the Access Control guide for Archer C20.

Last thing to have in mind, when configuring these controls, is the randomized MAC address used by some mobiles described here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 1

Related Articles